About This Job:
Darwin Beijing Innovation Center is seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to be part of its Genome Editing Center of Excellence, as a member in Editing Technology Group. This person will be a key member for vector quality control, ensure high quality of Agrobacterium and DNA for plant transformation and help to accomplish research objectives and deliver genome editing technology to crop R&D teams. The accountabilities are as following:
· Daily to daily tasks on generating Agrobacterium strains and plasmid DNA for crop transformation, quality control of Agrobacterium and plasmid DNA by molecular biology.
· Maintain Agrobacterium glycerol and plasmid DNA stocks and distribute material to scientist when needed.
· Maintain accurate and high quality experimental data package and perform all activities in compliance with Darwin QMS guidance and ensure data traceability and integrity
· Participate in portfolio project management team and liaison between functional platform and portfolio projects to ensure critical project milestones met
· Responsibility of Darwin’s HSE standards implementation and maintenance under HSE guidelines
· Master degree (M.Sc) in molecular biology, plant science, genomic studies, genetics, and biochemistry and biophysics. Preferred 5+ years working experience in relevant field but not required.
· Broad skills in molecular biology techniques, genetics, and biochemistry
· Proficient in use of DNA sequence analysis software and basic bioinformatics tools
· Highly motivated, result oriented, and a good team player
· Being open-mined and collaborative
· Quick learner and agility to adapt fast-paced work environment
· Proficient in English and strong communication skills to interact with internal and external scientists
Important Additional Information:
· Role based in Shunyi district, Beijing
. Annual salary 800000